The Lake Shore Tire Company operated in
from about 1915 to 1931 on the 1000 block of Sandusky, Ohio Hancock Street. The business was run by Fred Brobst and J.
Leroy Weier. The company started out selling tires for trucks and
automobiles, but by 1927 the Lake Shore Tire Company was listed in the Sandusky city directory
as a sporting goods store. In the mid 1920s, the Lake Shore Tire Company sold
radios and radio accessories. This ad from the December 21, 1923 issue of the Sandusky Register told of the joys a
family could have by listening to radio programs.
In the vintage photograph from the Lake Shore Tire Company below, we see that the Lake Shore Tire Company once sold Imperial and Pullman tires. A handwritten slogan reads: “We’re the guys who put the miles in mileage.”