After working for Miller and Robrahn’s tailoring shop in the 1880’s, Albert H. Robrahn went into business for himself. In the 1921 Sandusky City Directory, Albert H. Robrahn had a ladies’ tailoring shop at 422 West Market Street. By 1932 Albert Robrahn had re-located the tailoring business to 814 West Adams Street, where he and his wife Ida also resided. In the picture above, Mr. Robrahn can be seen doing paperwork at a desk in the back of the shop. One of the young ladies, on the right in the picture, has been identified as Clara Schaeffer Klemmt. One employee is sewing on a Singer sewing machine, while another young lady is sewing by hand. This vintage view of the interior of a local tailoring business takes us back to a simpler time.