A blog dedicated to the discussion of topics relating to the history of Sandusky and Erie County, Ohio; inspired by the collections of the Sandusky Library Archives Research Center and Follett House Museum. A service of the Sandusky Library.
While we do not know the names of the cast members or the play, the backdrop for this dramatic production appears to be a scene of Columbus Avenue in downtown Sandusky. The time frame is about 1905-1910.
The postcard below appears very similar to the backdrop from the play. The Stone Block at the corner of Columbus Avenue and Market Street is on the left side of the postcard, and the Kingsbury block can be seen at the south end of Columbus Avenue with the flag on top. Also visible of the play’s backdrop is a portion of the Sloane House hotel, across the street from the Kingsbury block.